While no one asked me this question, it’s something that I wanted to share as Periscope has helped me to immediately grow my brand. Here are 3 secrets to being successful on Periscope as a blogger.
- Position yourself as an expert.
- EXAMPLE: Depending on your blog type, this is a great place to get conversation started with your followers.
- Talk about things in depth. Share secrets with readers.
- Answer questions in real time about your niche.
- This is a great way to connect with your readers.
- You can learn people’s name and their stories. This will help you to better serve them as a blogger.
- Humanize yourself, and make yourself relatable.
- EXAMPLE: When people know you’re a human being, they tend to trust you more.
- Treat Periscope like it’s a commercial.
- Make sure to let your watchers know all of your social channels.
- EXAMPLE: I was able to host the ‘Blog Better’ webinar because of how I promoted on Periscope
- Periscope is one of the most effective promotion tools on the internet right now.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/219968441" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]