This wasn’t a direct question from one of my readers, but it’s a topic I’m asked about often. I’m going to break down how you can recover from mistakes, and how to become a better blogger after.
ACCEPT THAT THEY’RE INEVITABLE
- Just accept it.
- EXAMPLE: You might drop the ball on editing, formatting, or even consistency.
- Mistakes only confirm that you’re human. If you don’t make a mistake, it’s impossible to get better at it.
BLOG THROUGH IT
- If you make a mistake, don’t stop blogging.
- As you continue to blog, you will become better in time.
- EXAMPLE: You’ve edited an entire video, but only half of it was uploaded. Keep pushing forward to complete the task so that you can get better.
USE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
- Use it. Don’t run away.
- Your content should be noticeably better after someone gives you constructive criticism.
- EXAMPLE: If someone tells you that your pictures could use better lighting, take that and use it to improve.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/220258527" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]