This question was posed from @Lauracc8 on Twitter who asks about how to go about pitching her writing to a publication that fits her values.
FIGURE OUT WHO THEIR AUDIENCE IS
- Be sure you know who you’re pitching.
- EXAMPLE: You don’t want to send food stories to a fitness blog.
- Since you’ll be getting paid by them, it’s important you realize what they’re looking for in writers.
- Your job is to create content that adds value and draws readers to their site.
- Make sure you’re pitching the right person, and the right content.
As you’ve noticed, I post a new #AskMattie everyday, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/214137872" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]