I’m going to talk about what you should do to get your readers to buy anything. As blogs grow and turn into brands, this is really important. I’m going to break down what you should do from post to purchase to be successful.
GIVE, GIVE, GIVE, TAKE
- This basically means that you need to give your readers 3 things that are valuable, for free, before you ask them to buy something.
- EXAMPLE: The ‘Blog Better’ webinar was what I used to launch my course. But I offer 3 different avenues where my readers can get free content.
- I challenge you to do this if you’re at a place in your blog where you’re trying to sell services.
[bctt tweet="When you give 3x more than you take, you can get your readers to buy ANYTHING. "]
POSITION YOURSELF AS AN EXPERT
- People aren’t going to buy something from you if you don’t know what you’re talking about.
- EXAMPLE: I’ve been blogging for 5 years, and I’ve been consistent at it. Talking about something and bring usefulness behind what you’re saying.
- Before you educate, experience. Before you teach, live.
[bctt tweet="Experience before you educate. "]
PACKAGE WHAT YOU OFFER BEAUTIFULLY
- It’s really important to make your product visual. Make it cohesive. You want it all to make sense. (via ByRegina on Periscope)
- EXAMPLE: If your value is not visual, it’s probably void.
- Make sure you package it beautifully, because that will make people excited to purchase.
[bctt tweet="When your value is not visual, it's void."]
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/219314261" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]