.@180daystohappy would like to know the easiest way to find a photographer for your blog. I tell you how I found my photographer and what the process was for making sure the aesthetic was perfect for my brand.
READ OTHER BLOGS
- See who others are using for photography.
- There should be a link on the site to their photographer’s work.
- If you see a photographer you like, but there isn’t a link to their work on the site, just email the blogger.
ASK YOUR SOCIAL FOLLOWING
- If you’re on twitter for Facebook, create a quick blurb and ask your followers for suggestions.
- For example: Post on social media, “Do you guys know of any local photographers looking for work?”
COLLABORATE WITH STUDENTS
- Visit or email a school and let them know you’re looking for a photographer.
- Students are really hungry and eager to start testing their craft.
- For example: It’s similar to the process of getting an intern.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.