This is something that, no matter who you are, is super important. While I’ve written about the daily system that I use to get things done, I’m going to show you the 3 things that help me to follow through on the plans I’ve made for the day.
- I like to write things down that I need to get done.
- When I’m outlining, I know not to go past 7 items because that’s usually my limit for the day.
- I prefer to outline my day the day before. That way, I know what I’m getting into the moment I wake up.
- What needs to be done that is in your personal life vs. what needs to be done in your professional life.
- EXAMPLE: If you know you’re going to have a conference call, is it best that you do it in the morning before you run errands? Or is it best for you to end the day with the call?
- Figure out when you are most productive, and go from there.
- This is different than organize because it’s a lot more specific.
- The reason a lot of us aren’t productive is because we don’t have order.
- When you put your tasks in order, you don’t have to think about it.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.