@itsbobbiesworld on Twitter wants to know what the best way is for a blogger to get invited to local events. There are 3 things to focus on when you’re trying to get media invites.
[bctt tweet="The best way to get media invites as a blogger? Reach out, research & network."]
- Reach out to local PR companies and send a quick blurb. That way you’re able to let them know that you’re in the city.
- Keep it short and simple.
- Research everything. Find out where bloggers in your local area are going.
- If you’re a style blogger, look at boutiques and see what they have going on.
- Also look up what events have happened in the past so that you know how to get on the list for the future.
- Get out and let people know who you are and what it is that you do.
- Pass out your business card, and give people your social media information.
- See if you’re able to join a specific network or blogger group.
- This is the best way to get your information organically.
As you’ve noticed, I post a new #AskMattie everyday, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below.