I get this question a lot on various social networks, and I wanted to explain how to talk about multiple topics in one blog without confusing your reader. These 3 points really help me out when I blog on Mattieologie.com.
MASTER ONE THING FIRST
- I made style/beauty my focus for 5 years before giving blogging or branding content.
- Once you master one thing first, it’s a lot easier for your reader to take you seriously.
[bctt tweet="You wanna blog about more than one thing? Maintain consistency."]
- Everybody’s blogging journey is different.
- Maintain consistency amongst the topics.
- EXAMPLE: If you’re a beauty & lifestyle blogger, make sure you’re balancing your site to have content on both of those topics. 50% dedicated to each.
- This allows new readers to know what they’re getting themselves into.
MAKE IT RELEVANT
- Make sure that when talking about more than one topic, you ensure that the reader is who you’re thinking of 100% of the time.
- While it is your blog, you are writing for an audience. So make your topics relevant to your audience.