Kyley in Arizona wants to know what advice I could give to anyone looking to use images from another site on theirs.To keep from causing conflict, I will break down the 3 ways you can make this happen.
- If you credit the person’s photos that you are using, you typically won’t have any problems.
- EXAMPLE: I will use the word ‘source’ and link the photo to the original location.
- A license that enables you to allow people to use your work, but only in a certain way.
- Look into the person’s site and see if they have this license. If they do, read the kind they have.
- EXAMPLE: Some people will allow you to use their work and fix it to your liking as long as you link back.
- Read the fine print and abide by their rules.
- If you don’t see a creative commons license, the best way to use their work is to ask first.
- EXAMPLE: Shoot a quick email about what you are doing and why their image would fit your work.
[bctt tweet="How to use images from other sites on your blog."]
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.