Javacia, from seejanewritebham.com asks via email, wants to know which is better for her site since he is currently revamping.I’m going to break down the differences and what is best for your website.
- The issue isn’t that you have a static homepage, it’s that you aren’t maximizing the page.
- On your home page, you should have an opt-in where you have a lead magnet.
- EXAMPLE: Visit www.mayaelious.com to see this in action.
- Your page should make people feel welcomed.
- Maximize your digital real estate.
- EXAMPLE: Another great example of this is was Female Entrepreneur Association; Carrie writes about how she got 14,000+ emails from her static home page here
Utilize your blog because that’s where your content is. Your blog should be leading them to becoming a member, or hiring you for your services.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.