This is something that gets mixed up all the time, but I’m going to share something that I read online that completely changed my view. Here are the fundamental differences between being a freelancer and entrepreneur.
- Someone who gets paid per hour for a specific task. You perform a specific project and get paid per hour for that action.
- You don’t have a boss, and you’re able to create flexibility.Able to work at the pace of whomever you made the contract with.
- EXAMPLE: A hairstylist that works in a salon and gets paid per hour/day for service.
- Creates a business that is bigger than you are.
- Doesn’t need to be there for the business to run. Takes money and puts it into a business that they don’t need to work at.
- EXAMPLE: Owning a hair salon and paying stylists to work for the salon.
- The company you’ve put together creates passive income. You make money in your sleep.
- If you’re going to be an entrepreneur build a great business from a solid idea, and put the right people in place to ensure that the idea runs smoothly.
As you’ve noticed, I post a new #AskMattie everyday, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below.