Today's question comes from Kyley in Arizona who asks: "Is it important to have your blog name correlate with other things you are doing? For example, should my blog name be the same as the name of my Etsy shop?" I break down 3 reasons why your online name is so important to build a profitable yet personal online brand.
- You want to make it easy for readers or customers to find you
- If you have a blog and online shop, the same name will make it more likely for readers to become customers
- Naming your blog, online store and/or social handles the same thing creates familiarity with folks
- Familiarity builds trust and when people trust you, they will pay you
- It's easier to increase your social following across the board if you have the same name everywhere (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc)
- It's easier to build a loyal following when you have the same name everywhere
- A loyal following works for you without think twice (retweeting, reposting, work of mouth marketing, etc)
- They know what to expect from you, so they know how to sell you to others
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.