It’s so important to have team members that want to work for and with you. I’ve found that learning about myself has helped me to build the proper team needed for my brand to excel. Here are top 3 things you need to know when hiring interns.
WHAT YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Once you realize this, then you know what you’re looking for as far as skill set in an intern.
- Ex: If you need graphics for your site, hire graphics/art intern. Someone that can focus on visual aesthetic of your site.
- If you don’t know how to use them, you won’t know how to maximize what their usefulness.
- If you bring someone on, they only need to be around if they are adding value to your team.
- If somebody is going to be working hard for you, it doesn’t matter if you’re paying $75-100 month, there needs to be some type of compensation.
- If you’re taking your work seriously, then compensating someone should be a priority.
- For Ex: Even if you’re paying someone the bare minimum, I’ve noticed that they are more likely to work hard because I’m taking them seriously.
- Being able to pay team members makes a difference in how they work.
HOW IT’S BENEFICIAL TO BOTH PARTIES
- Make sure that the work you have your intern doing is going to help them grow personally and professionally. You want them to be eager because it’s helping them as well.
- Honor the people that work for your business and blog by creating a position that helps them grow.
As you’ve noticed, I post a new #AskMattie everyday, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/213536953" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]