In this episode of #AskMattie, I'm breaking down the ABC's of being confident when you blog. So many times we get in our own way because we're too busy overthinking a simple blog post idea when we should be sharing it with the world. Here's how to get over your fear and into creating great content.
The ABC’s of Confidence
- Committing to something & finding that you’re in agreement with it.
- A lot of times we’re not committing to our idea & that’s why we’re shaky on it.
- It’s simple to share something you believe in. For example: religious beliefs, or favorite artist.
- Believing in your idea makes it easy to share, and people can see it based on your dedication.
- Something we miss a lot of times when just starting out in blogging. Because we get so excited about an idea/end goal, that we forget about the reader.
- No longer communicating to them, but talking at them. Your idea will be greater once you involve your readers. Don’t be afraid to communicate because your readers can make it better.
- A lot of times we’re underestimating ourselves and overestimating everyone else.
- Get out of your own way.
[bctt tweet="A lot of times we underestimate ourselves & overestimate everyone else."]
As you’ve noticed, I post a new #AskMattie everyday, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/212537484" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]