Sharde wants to know how I’m able to handle blogging and being a new mom since she will also be trying to handle the same. I’m going to share what has worked for me since my daughter has come into the world.
- Consider what you want the feel of your blog to be like when going through maternity leave.
- EXAMPLE: While motherhood was important to me, I’m not that type of blogger. So I had to balance my blog with fashion and beauty.
- Make a decision and figure out what days you will be talking about certain topics.
GET OUTSIDE HELP
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- EXAMPLE: Add on a contributor if funds allow. Or bring on someone that just wants to build his or her portfolio.
- Open yourself up to guest bloggers. It’s a lot less of a commitment than a contributor.
- Limiting your schedule is also something to look at.
FAILURE IS OKAY
- It really is. It’s temporary. Once baby hits the 3-4 month mark, you will find that you’re able to get back to your schedule.
- It’s a process. It will be a new rhythm, and you will have to learn it.
- EXAMPLE: Something that worked for you in the past, may not work for you in this new role as a mom.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/218753586" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]