Taylor asks for the best way to create an opt-in on your site, and how to effectively plan. I break down the three ways to make this possible and what you’ll need to get it done.
PICK AN EMS
- EMS stands for ‘Email Marketing Software’
- EXAMPLE: Mad Mimi, MailChimp, Constant Contact
- It’s the best way to organize your email subscribers.
CREATE A LIST
- Have a title and know where these people are coming from.
- EXAMPLE: My list is called ‘Blog Subscribers.’
- This is good to increase your blog traffic.
- If not a blogger, you can create a list for customer loyalty.
CREATE A LEAD MAGNET
- This is essential when creating an opt-in.
- You need something that is going to make people want to sign up for your email list.
- EXAMPLE: You can do an e-book, cheat sheet, check list, or if you have a boutique, give someone 10% off their first purchase.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/218645467" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]