Breshauna, from Charlotte, NC, wants to know if a fashion or style blog can make it without having personal pictures on the site. I’m going to break down the 3 ways you can start a personal style blog with the bare minimum.
START & GET BETTER AS YOU GO
- Don’t compare yourself to established and professional bloggers.
- You’re going to start and you’re going to make some mistakes.
- Be consistent and put forth an effort.
WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE
- EXAMPLE: If you only have an iPhone 6 to take pictures with, make sure you’re taking photos in amazing lighting.
- Not many people are starting out with the best of everything. So make the best of what you have.
- You probably have more than what you think you do.
INVEST IN YOURSELF
- If you want to be a blogger and eventually want to profit, you have to make an investment in yourself.
- EXAMPLE: Get a part time job at a retail store to help build your wardrobe & get a discount.
- There are going to be sacrifices that you need to make.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/220053900" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]