Nadine from Facebook wants to know at what point you should hire a PR professional for your blog. Here are 3 things you should look at if you’re considering working with a PR firm.
THEIR CLIENT LIST
- You want to do research on who they’ve worked with in the past, and what kind of publicity they got them.
- Are they successful in their industry, and in their geographic location?
- Make sure you’re going to be treated as well they’ve treated clients in the past.
- Ask a lot of questions.
- EXAMPLE: “I’m a blogger, and I want to know how you’d achieve the goals that I want to accomplish.”
- Are they familiar with how to get PR for a blogger, as they’re able to get PR for a product?
- How often will they be working with you and on your brand?
- EXAMPLE: If you’re looking for international press, do they have those connections?
- It’s beneficial to you to find out how strong their connections are in reference to your field.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/218233409" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]