While no one specifically asked me this question, it’s something that I’m often asked on Periscope or Twitter. It's also the FIRST thing I tell my clients when consulting their blog. I’m going to discuss the ONE thing your blog absolutely needs, but doesn’t have.
- Yes, an email list.
- You need to create an opt-in, and a lead magnet.
- EXAMPLE: A lead magnet can be anything from an e-book, email course, or a cheat sheet.
- An email list will single handedly increase your blog traffic, and if you want to sell something, you can change your income.
- Get aggressive and pro active to get your email list built.
- You will have a much more focused and better audience.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/219159063" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]