Stephanie from Mexico wants to know the guidelines a blogger should follow when deciding the brands to collaborate with. I break down the 3 reasons you should move forward with, and not, with a brand.
- When it comes to pitching a brand, have it together. Create a deck that thoroughly explains your idea about collaborating.
- Don’t let this be the first time you’ve spoken to them. Make sure they’re already paying attention to you and your brand.
- EXAMPLE: Follow them on twitter and engage.
- Relationships are the glue to making sure pitches get green lit.
[bctt tweet="Relationships are the glue to making sure pitches get green lit."]
- Have the right people in place.
- EXAMPLE: Your following. Not just numbers, but how many of them actually respond to you.
- Know your demo. Brands want to know that your demographic is beneficial to them.
- Too often all we’re focused on is getting paid.
- Value = Usefulness
- You have to figure out the number of people who follow you that will respond, and from there you can price accordingly.
- Price should always be discussed last, but should be set in stone before any work is done.
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/215997616" params="color=ff5500&inverse=false&auto_play=false&show_user=true" width="100%" height="20" iframe="true" /]