Today I'm answering a question from Twitter and a question I've been repeatedly asked since starting my podcast with Hubs at the top of the year. I'm finally sharing how simple it is to start a podcast. From what to use to record to how to submit your podcast to iTunes, I cover it all.
- You can use the basics - your laptop and some headphones
- We use dynamic mics and the R16 recorder from ZOOM
- Find the software you're most comfortable with to edit your audio - we use GarageBand (available on Apple products)
- You need to host your audio somewhere on the Web before posting
- There's an array of sites to host your podcast - Squarespace (we use this for Mattie & Chris), Soundcloud (what I use for this podcast), Podomatic, Blog Talk Radio & more
- Before you upload to iTunes, be sure to have you RSS link - the link where listeners subscribe - on hand
- Go to the iTunes store and select the Podcasts category > click on 'Submit A Podcast' > submit all of your info including the RSS link
- iTunes usually lets you know their decision in 24-72 hours
- Every time you submit a new podcast episode to your hosting site, it will appear on iTunes
[bctt tweet="How to start a podcast. "]
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.