LaShawn in North Carolina wants to know when the best time would be to promote her posts on social media. While there is a hierarchy and standard, knowing your readers is the best way to get positive results. Here are the ground rules on when to use social media to your advantage.
[bctt tweet="There's a good chance you're not promoting enough on social media."]
- Facebook: 1pm-4pm
- Twitter/YouTube: 1pm-3pm
- Pinterest: 2pm-4pm & 8pm-1am
- Instagram: 9am-5pm
- Use Twitter around the clock. I constantly post content from my page. Current and past. Tweet hourly from 8am-5pm.
- Only post on Facebook once or twice a day for past content, but for new posts it goes up automatically. Don’t want to oversaturate because of the way the site is set up.
- Don’t use Instagram to promote the blog, but will put up outfit posts. Want IG to have a certain aesthetic. I do post daily.
- Pinterest: Post at night when the baby is in bed. I’ve seen an influx in followers when I pin at night.
- Youtube: No specific strategy, but if I have a new video I try to post before 5pm.
As you’ve noticed, I post a new #AskMattie everyday, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below.