In today's episode, I'm sharing the details of the content strategy that increased my traffic - in fact, it doubled my traffic in the last month. It's a simple yet detailed strategy, but if you apply certain systems in your workflow, you too should an increase in the traffic that comes to your blog. Here's a summary of my current content strategy. It’s all about the planning.
Take the Easy as PIE approach
- Execute 1. Helps with content, but also anything in life.
Have editorial meeting once a week
It’s my time to brain-dump, and then organize all of those ideas.
See what the trends are
- Think of content down to social media portion of it. Tweets are content, which is sometimes overlooked.
- Every time we tweet out something, it’s a connection of our brand.
- Example: Don't be righteous on twitter, but trap queens on IG. It has to all be linear.
Pay attention to what people ask me
Keep line of communication & engagement with readers/followers.
- Look at 3-4 times a week.
- Know enough so that you know what works and what didn’t.
- Important to have complete control over what’s going on.
- Need input of effort to match ROI
Titles of posts
- Going basic, and not using frills has helped from an SEO standpoint.
- You cannot SEO your mood. So be strategic with words that you’re using. Don’t be cute for sake of being cute.
- If there’s not a purpose, then there’s no place for it.
- Regina of ByRegina.com is brilliant at this. See her post on daily + weekly checklists for bloggers where she mentions blog audits here.
- See what most successful vs. worst post is on a monthly basis.
- Point of this is to see what I can do to improve, and if bad, never do again.
- Audit = Review.
- Go back and grade posts. See what I can do better.
- Pushes you to take your blogging to the next level.
As you’ve noticed, I post a new #AskMattie everyday, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below.