Today's question is via email and comes from Whitney in NYC from www.stylishlYours.com. Whitney just relaunched her blog and got more traffic than she anticipated. She's wondering whether Google Analytics or Wordpress Analytics is better. She writes: "What's the best way to track my traffic for media kit purposes?"
GOOGLE ANALYTICS VS. WORDPRESS ANALYTICS
- Wordpress "Stats" bar is available via Jetpack in Dashboard
- Wordpress Stats is great for telling you where your traffic is coming from
- Google Analytics is better for numbers
- Use your Google account name and password to access
- Go to Behavior tab in the left sidebar and click on "Overview"
- Make sure you looking at monthly stats (EX: June 27 - July 27); you can find that in the top right corner
- Look at Pageviews, Unique Pageviews, Avg Time on Page, Bounce Rate & Exit
The Mattieologie podcast (formerly #AskMattie) is posted Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below or subscribe on iTunes.