In this episode of #AskMattie, Stephanie in Mexico asks "what is it that you need to invest in so that you’re able to grow your blog?" So I breakdown the 3 areas to invest in when trying to grow your blog and take it to the next level.
- The equipment you’ll need to execute your blog postings.
- EXAMPLE: If a style blogger, you need to invest in clothes/photographer.
- A lot of people don’t talk about the software they invest in, but it’s so vital to growing your blog/brand.
- EXAMPLE: Even though I upload my Podcasts to Soundcloud, which is free, I had to invest in Soundcloud Pro to be able to see the statistics. That way I’m able to pay attention to my analytics. This information can go into your media kit.
- Using Mailchimp to grow your email subscriber list has been vital to my brand. While it’s free, I had to upgrade to the next subscription in order to see the analytics.
- While I don’t believe in college for creatives, I do believe in continuing education.
- EXAMPLE: Webinars, consultations, workshops, conferences
- Attend one of those at least 2-3 times a year.
- Why? Because you would get clarity. It’s not about knowing how to do something, but knowing how to do it well.
As you’ve noticed, I post a new #AskMattie everyday, Monday thru Friday. If you have a question for me on style, life or blogging, send your name, URL & city + your question to [email protected]. Listen below.